Friday, 19 April 2013

You Wish!






Hello folks,

So this is my second post to my new blog FFS (that's another story).

I'm not sure what direction this blog is going in but at the moment I'm quite happy to tell you about my little trip of buying art on ebay on a limited budget.

I'll tell you about the above painting in a bit.  First of all I should tell you a little bit about me (not much).

I love art.  I love owning art.  I love looking at art.

My favourite art subject is females.  I love paintings of females, I can't get enough of them.

He sounds like a bit of a Perv, I hear you say.  Let me explain a little further.

I love paintings of the human female form from an art sense as well as an aesthetic sense.

I love the way light and shadows form on the female body and an artists ability to recreate that in a tasteful and true style.

Show me what you see.

Oh, call me sexist if you want, but I don't like looking at the male form.

I could explain why I adore females so much in art.  Their bodies are softer and curvier than men without a doubt and that allows light, shadows and colours to just mesmerise.

But I'm not gonna do that!

The truth of the matter is it's because I'm a bloke and I love females.

Anyway, I ramble.

You Wish! Yes!

I bought the above painting.

It's by Eva Spacy and it's called 'You Wish!'.  Not THE Eva Spacy, I hear you say.  Yes!

Eva paints period 20/30s style females in bright colours with bright colourful backgrounds.

I love retro.

A local girl from St Helens, Heather Marie, is my favourite singer at the moment.  She does 40/50s wartime stuff. 


She seems to allow her colours to overflow, sometimes in a childlish way, but I like that.

If you have a look closely at any of her paintings, the colour does actually overun.  It's great, but not purist.  I like it.

I like the painting as much for it's title as the actual artwork.  You Wish!

It conjures up many things in my mind.  And yes.  A girl has said to me "You Wish!" before.

I always get confused when a girl says that to me.

What is she implying or hoping that I wish?

I hope Everton win the league but I wouldn't really use it up as a wish if the lamp turned up.

I wish I could have just one date with Susanna Reid.

I wish this place didn't have so many stupid colours for decoration.

Of course, we all know what she wants me to wish don't we but you can make up your own minds about that.

Anyway, I ramble.

The point is Eva made me look at this painting and she was able to extract hard earned money out of me.  Yes, the painting's that good.  Well done Eva!!

She seems to be getting more and more popular at the moment.  She is currently selling her paintings on ebay (20 x 16) for between £30 and £50 but I think they will go far higher in the near future.

The best recommendation I can give about Spacy Eva is that I now own three of her paintings.

Oh yes, and she's on Facebook at Spacy Art

You Wish!





No comments:

Post a Comment